This is the Willow Glen Ace Hardware Store where you can make a composting toilet.
- When you gotta go 💩, where do you go?
- If it’s a restroom that you can decorate, that’s a good place for a Composting Toilet!
- To make your own compost toilet, you need a few things:
- 2x five-gallon buckets
- 1x lid for five-gallon bucket or (optional) a toilet seat fitted for a five-gallon bucket
- Organic debris: a supply of wood shavings, peat moss, grassy compost, or similar
- 1x large cup, a small bucket, or similar
- Fill one of the five-gallon buckets with the organic debris. That is now the Medium bucket.
- Scoop some of the organic debris with the large cup into the second five-gallon bucket and put the lid on it. That is the Composting Toilet.
- TA-DA! The Composting Toilet is now ready to receive.
WHEN YOU HAVE TO GO
- Open the lid of the compost toilet
- Do your business in it
- If you use toilet paper, leave paper in the compost toilet.
- if you use a bidet, let the water fall into the compost toilet. Add a half scoop of organic debris.
- Add a scoop of organic debris from the Medium bucket
WHEN THE COMPOSTING TOILET IS FULL, OPTIONS:
- Add to a compost pile
- Add to depleted land
Buy the components at the store and assemble them.